domingo, 31 de outubro de 2010

What the ...?

One of the things I love most in movies is a smart and interesting turn-out of events, so it makes completely sense that one of the things that annoys most in a movie is when it, somewhere along the way, loses the plot.

Specially when the movie is going so well, you're really into it, and then, bam! Something happens and it makes you go 'what the...?' and that's it. The movie it's completely ruined. This frustrates me so much!

And it's even more annoying the fact that usually losing/ruinning a good plot means introducing ETs and/or crazy-high-tec machines.
Don't get me wrong - I like ETs and I certainly don't have anything against high-tec machines - but don't make us believe you've created this super cool and smart State conspiracy or anything as exciting as that ( I looove a good conspiracy movie!), just to tell us it's been silly ETs or stupid machines all along. Argh!

And the worst thing is that the writers probably thought they were been super smart and doing something that would get everyone to go 'oooooh!'. Bad news mister (or miss), the plan failed. Big time. The 'ooooh' you're hearing comes with a B in front of it, as is 'Boooooooooooh!' Next time don't to be so lazy and spend some extra time coming up with a real turn.

Ok, that was a bit harsh, but what can I say? This REALLY frustrates me.

Right now I can't really thing of many movies that lost their plot along the way (my brain has the tendency to erase painful memories as a self-defense system) but here's the ones I remember:
  • Knowing
  • Eagle Eye
  • The Forgotten (oh, this one pissed me off so much that I might do a whole post just to curse it.)
  • The Box
If you know any other movie that made you go 'what the...?' in a bad way, please be kind and let me know. So I won't watch it, of course. Thank you very much. Really appreciate.

ps: I just realized it's halloween and I probably should have made a cool post related to it.. well, maybe next year. Plus, movies like the ones mentioned above are pretty much my worst nightmare, so I guess the post kinda is related to halloween in a way.
Happy Hallowen, everyone. =)

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário