segunda-feira, 4 de outubro de 2010

Little Miss Sunshine


Must say that when I first watched it, at the begining, I wasn’t very into it, but as the movie went on it grew on me and by the end I was completely fascinated.

Little Miss Sunshine is about Olive, a young girl who was called to replace some other girl as a contestant in a beauty pageant (called, guess what! Little Miss Sunshine). More than that, the movie is about the journey and struggles of this very peculiar family to take Olive to her beauty pageant.

Toni Collette (I’m such a fan of her! She’s always great on her movies.) plays the mom, Greg Kinnear is the dad (I love the whole irony behind dad, with his job and his life, very clever). Alan Arkin (the name says it all) is absolutely great as the grandad, bringing lots of funny moments (I love the grandad!), Steve Carell is amazing as a character who is very different from the ones he usually plays, the lonely and sad uncle. Dwayne, the ‘dark’ brother, is very well played by Paul Dano (specially because it must be really hard to capture the essence of a character who barely speaks and he succeeded on that).

There are so many things I love about this movie (the yellow van is one of them), but the one thing I love the most is the contrast between Olive and the other contestants. It’s just brilliant! A genuine girl among all those mini-barbies. Also, Olive’s dance routine! Oh, my God! Love it, Love it. Thanks for that, grandad. ;)

FUCK BEAUTY CONTESTS!
- Dwayne

Just love the whole meaning behind that quote, it has become my life motto.

What are you waiting? Get the popcorn and go watch it. Now!

ps: I know I wrote ‘love’ a lot, but how could I not?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário