domingo, 3 de outubro de 2010

{proof}


I watched proof for the first time about 3 years ago, I liked it so much that I watched it two days in a row. Haven’t watched it ever since and this week I just woke up dying to watch it, but since I can’t find the DVD anywhere, I thought I should at least tell you about it.

Proof  is about this woman whose dad is a great mathematician, but in his last years he has lost his mind a bit and she chooses to quit everything to take care of him. The story revolves around the fact that the daughter starts to belive that she might be losing her mind as well.

There’s nothing really major about it, but it’s a good movie. It catches your attention and really makes you wonder what the true answer is. Must confess that I changed my mind every 5 sec. There’s also a little romance (I love the romance), it’s very subtle and almost not there because it’s not the main purpose of the movie, but it’s really sweet at the same time.

All the main actors are very good. Anthony Hopkins plays the crazy dad perfectly and Gwyneth Paltrow really brings the uncertainty her character requires, leaving us with lots of doubts. And of course, the bonus, a cute mathematician/drummer nicely played by Jake Gyllenhaal.

Great movie for a lazy night. Just sit back and enjoy it, no worries, no too-complicated-plots, no unnecessary drama. Just enjoy a good movie.

The biggest risk in life is not taking one.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário