quinta-feira, 30 de dezembro de 2010

2010

I thought about making a post with the best and worst of 2010 (in my PoV, of course), but it was too hard. I can think of a couple of things in the film world that I truly loved this year, but not enough to make a whole post about them. And to be honest, it was even harder to think of things I hated.

I believe the main reason why I couldn't come up with a long best-and-worst-of-2010 list is because this year has been a really crazy roller coaster. This kind of forced me to create this bubble around myself, so I could focus on my life, on getting things back on track (or as in spanish para que pudiera procurar pequeñas tretas para continuar en la brecha), and as the result, the outside world went a little unnoticed by me.

I spent the first half of the year working my a*s off to make something (something that meant the world to me) come true and then, when everything failed (it's ok though, I've come to realise and make peace with the idea that sometimes the beauty is in the attempt), I spent the other half trying to let go -which I did-, trying to find a new road to take -which I did too, and even though this new road is not as incredible and filled with potencial as the old one, it's filled with peace and bright colours- and trying to make peace with it -which I did 90%, sometimes I look back and still feel sad about all the waisted and unappreciated hard work.

2010 was most definitely not my best year, but it taught me a lot about life and about myself. I learnt I can and have the strengh to make hard decisons; I learnt that failures don't hold us back, they push us forward; and I learnt that sometimes we just have to keep on going.

That was very personal, so going back to the movie talk, here is the couple things I liked best about 2010.

      5. The Hurt Locker winning the Oscar over Avatar (really didn't see anything so special about Avatar and I think if it weren't for the 3D it would have been just another movie)

      4. Kathryn Bigelow winning the Oscar over James Cameron (look reason above, plus it was about time for a girl to win the Oscar for best director. Not just that, but a girl directing a movie about bombs!!! How awesome is that!?)

      3. The Blind Side (what an amazing movie!!!)

      2Brothers ( this one blew my mind! Tobey really deserved an award for his performance. More about Brothers soon)

      1. Sandra Bullock winning the Oscar for best actress in a leading role!!!! (Sandyyyyyyy! So proud of her!!! She more than deserved it.)


Wish to all of you the best 2011 possible.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário