quarta-feira, 6 de fevereiro de 2013

Rear Window


When photographer L.B. Jeffries finds himself stuck in a wheelchair in his apartment, he starts to watch his neighbors through his rear window. With time he gets to know their rotines better than themselves. The thing is, he might end up seeing more than he wished to.

Rear Window is my favorite Hitchcock movie. I love watching these people lives through their windows and getting to somehow know them. I love seeing Jeff getting obessed so involved with them that he creates this sort of relationship, giving them nicknames and knowing exactly what step they're going to take next.

Whenever I watch it I feel like Jeff myself, wanting to know more about them, wanting to see how they live their lives.

James Stewart is amazing beyond words, he's definitely one of my favorites. And Grace Kelly, well, she's Grace Kelly. They make such a good team on screen.

I also love how this is a thriller that keeps your attention and makes you tense without ever having to leave this man's apartment and having close to no action at all. It's incredible.


There's a Shia Labeouf movie called Paranoia that is basically a modern version of Rear Window. And by 'modern' I meant with a lot more action. I actually liked Paranoia quite a lot, but I still like Rear Window a lot better. Let's face it, Shia LaBeouf is not James Stewart. Plus, there's something about an old movie that is very charming and appealing. Not to mention the fact that Rear Window is a lot more classy and interesting, exactly for the fact it has no action and everything happens in pretty much one location.

Great movie.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário