segunda-feira, 4 de fevereiro de 2013

2 Days in Paris


2 Days in Paris is about this couple who's in Paris for a couple of days (duh!) on a quick trip, but things may get a little weird when Marion keeps running into her ex-boyfriends every where they go. On top of that, her current boyfriend still has to deal with her crazy parents, not to metion with her herself.

I feel really bad to say this, because I actually like Julie Delpy, but I didn't like this one.

Too much dialog (dialogs that in my opinion didn't make any sense 70% of the time) it made me dizzy. And the fact that half of it was in english and the other half in french made my head spin, couldn't keep up.

I'm gonna be really honest and say that the only reason why I watched this was because Daniel Brühl was in it, if you look closely you'll see his name on the poster. They fooled me well. Here am I, watching this movie for over an hour and no sign of Daniel, at all. Turns out he appears in the last 5 minutes in a 10 seconds scene. I was so thrilled I wanted to cry, or punch someone (most likely punch someone).

The movie does get better after Daniel appears (yep, that's how good he is), I liked those last 5 minutes better than the whole movie. Probably because the whole situation is starting get resolved and so the dialogs made a lot more sense, I even kind of liked the last ones.

Not a movie I plan on watching again, specially because Marion annoyed the hell out of me (I tried to like her, but it was stronger than me).

I think their goal was to make a smart and funny movie with interesting dialogs, but I don't think they did it very well. Or maybe I'm just not smart enough to get it.

Don't really recommend, but we never know, you might enjoy it.

ps: It has a sequel named 2Days in New York with Julie and Chris Rock that I don't plan on watching.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário