sexta-feira, 13 de maio de 2011

My Top 5 Childhood Movies

I'm turning 21 today and to 'celebrate' it I'm remembering my childhood. One of my strongest memories is me and my parents watching movies like Karate Kid and Mighty Ducks. It was awesome, I loved it. So, to honor those amazing and most loved memories, I decided to make a top 5 with my favorites childhood movies (Disney's cartoons aren't included, maybe I'll do another post for them).


WARNING: I was a 90's kid.


5 - The Beverly Hillbillies

(!!!!!) This one is a family classic. Everyone loved it. Me, mom, dad, cousins, grandparents. We would watch it everytime it was on (we watched it A LOT). It's not the best movie ever, actually is quite silly, but come on! It's fun! That grandma (gotta love her) is hilarious! I loved the dumb twins (specially the girl). Ms Jane was another one of my favorites. Fun, fun, fun.






 4 - Karate Kid (1-3)

Classic! I remember me going like 'Dad! Dad! Karate Kid 7 will be on tomorrow! Don't think we've watched this one yet!' And the next day there would be me and my dad watching it. I can't even remember why I liked it so much since that old japanese (Is he japanese?!) guy used to annoy the hell out of me. Think what I liked the most was just the bonding time with my dad (who actuallly liked the movie a lot).








3 - Mighty Ducks (1-3)

Another father and daughter classic for me. I loved this one SO MUCH! They made hockey look so much fun. My childhood dream was to play hockey and join the Mighty Ducks. Who didn't want to say 'Quack! Quack! Quack!' with them?! Also, they had a girl on the team, girl power!!! And of course, Joshua Jackson, years later and he still is my true love. 





2 - Andre
 You know how some kids are obsessed with E.T.? Well, Andre was (and still is) my E.T.. I still love this movie to pieces. I love the marine seal. I love the little girl dancing with it. I love everything about it. Didn't matter how many times I'd seen it, I'd cry (correction, I'd sob) every new time. I'm sure I'd still cry (specially because I found out just now that it's based on a true story). I used to watch it with my mom and dad and it was lovely. This movie made my childhood so much better. Been looking for the DVD (or even a tape) so I can rewatch it because it's been such a long time, but I can't find it anywhere.
Oh, and guess who's also on Andre? JJ! I'm telling you, that man has been stalking me since birth!


1 - The Never Ending Story (1 and 2)

Definitely the movie I watched most as a kid. It just amused me. It's so... incredible. Magical. I loved it, loved it, loved it! Still do. The first and the second. That dragon and the stone baby (I loooooove the stone baby, he's so sweet) were my dream pets. I actually believe this movie had a big impact on me and my personality, on my hability to escape quite easily to an imaginary world, to daydream (which, surprisingly, I haven't lost as grew older). I have a huuuuuuuge imagination and I think this movie might have something to do with it. This one brings me back so many things.


Oh, boy, those were good times...

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário