domingo, 20 de maio de 2012

Source Code


I knew way back that this would be a good movie. Couldn't have been more right!

Source Code tells the story of Colter Steven, whose mission is to find a bomb in a train. Source Code is the program that puts him in the train and gives him 8 min to find the bomb, every time he fails he has to go back and try again. Oh yeah, and let's not forget, he has to do that while in someone else's body.

I know my explanation made it sound bananas, but it's not. It actually makes some sense when you're watching the movie.

And as I said before, I love Jake, I love sci-fi and I love some action, so I loved the movie. It has the perfect  sci-fi/action/emotion combo. I love when action and sci-fi movies manage to bring some real emotion to it, and Source Code did just that.
It's not too emotional, but it definitely has a emotional touch that I wasn't expecting and was surprised in a good way by it. The emotional factor is due to the fact that we become close to both main charcters, Colter and Colleen (Jake and Vera).

Plus the movie has many others turning points where we find out things we didn't see coming. I was pretty shocked by some of those things. What it's really nice is that we find them out along with Colter, so we end up connecting even more with him.

Vera Farmiga and Jake Gyllenhaal are pretty good. Their acting made the movie even better. Gotta say I had never seen Jake like this, there're some pretty touching scenes where he's incredible. Vera too. As for Michelle Monaghan, once again she disappointed me. I thought her acting was kinda awkward, at times the facial expressions did't match her lines. It confused me. It's a good thing that Jake and Vera are good enough for the three of them.

Totally recommend! Great movie. Feel like watching it again. :)

Note: watched it again last night, had forgotten how much I hate Dr. Rutledge, feel like punching him in the face!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário